We help you process your VISA to study Spanish in Barcelona



VISA (extra-community students)

Novelty! With the reform of September 4, 2018 in Royal Decree-Law 11/2018, of August 13, foreign students can apply for a study visa in Spain. Call us if you want to receive more information.

Procedures according to the duration of the courses

If you are not a national of a country of the European Union or of Liechtenstein, Iceland, Norway or Switzerland and want to stay legally in Spain, the procedures to be performed will vary depending on the time you want to study in Spain:

  • More than 6 months: you need to obtain the type D studies visa in your country of origin and obtain the stay card for studies (NIE) during the first 30 days of your stay in Spain.
  • Between 3 and 6 months: a visa is required (type C) but there is no need to carry out any other procedure in Spain. This type of visa does not allow obtaining the NIE upon arrival in Spain.
  • Less than 3 months (90 days): a short-term student visa type C is required. This type of visa does not allow obtaining the NIE upon arrival in Spain.

Visa processing of studies

Procedures necessary to apply for a study visa at the Spanish Consulate in your country of origin:

  • Pre-register in a public or private teaching center in Spain.
  • Go to the Spanish Consulate to process your study visa with the certificate or acceptance letter issued by that center.

Documents necessary for the processing of the study visa

  • Valid passport
  • Admission of a teaching center, public or private to study or expand studies or perform research or training.
  • The content of the curriculum, training or research that will be carried out.
  • Medical insurance that covers, during the entire time of stay in Spain, medical expenses and repatriation in case of accident or sudden illness.
  • A medical certificate in order to prove that you do not suffer any of the diseases susceptible to quarantine provided in the international health regulations
  • The provision of means of subsistence and accommodation for the period requested, and where appropriate, to guarantee the return to the country of origin.
  • Certificate of criminal record issued by the authorities of the country of origin or the country in which you have resided during the last 5 years.

Contact us and get your student Visa to study Spanish in Barcelona